Work for Us
Student Internship Summer 2021: Grant Writing, Fundraising, Development
Posted: May 1, 2021
The Hingham Unity Council is currently seeking an intern to help with grant writing and fundraising activities planned for the summer of 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to gain more experience in grant and funding research, writing, and planning activities for a nonprofit organization.
The intern will work in collaboration with Hingham Unity Council community members and under the supervision of a former development professional. This job can be done remotely.
Responsibilities and tasks may include:
● Identify, through research, public and private grant and corporate sponsorship opportunities
● Draft compelling grant proposals and conduct relevant research and data analysis for the proposals
● Develop program summaries, outlining how each of our programs are run for funders
● Assist in preparing donor materials, including packets, thank-you letters, and processing incoming donations
● Be part of the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, appeals, and events
● Undergraduate or graduate student
● Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, editing, and professional phone and email communication skills required (a writing sample will be requested)
● Creative, flexible and self-motivated
● Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
● Computer literacy, including database management and word processing skills
● Previous experience in research and/or grant writing is preferred but not required
● Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred
Duration: Flexible; 10 weeks total, 10-15 hours per week
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume or CV including reference contact information to: email@example.com and write “Student Intern Position” in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
HUC is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not consider race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.