Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2023
The HUC has collected some resources for celebrating and learning this May. Have an addition? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events & Experiences
- Join us for the Hingham Unity Council Community Read & Live Discussion of Celeste Ng’s Our Missing Hearts on May 18!
- Participate in one of eight ways to celebrate in the Boston area.
- Check out these May film events from the Boston Asian American Film Festival
- The National Archives and a number of other museums have joined together to provide a listing of APAHM resources and events.
- Check out the PBS Asian Americans Documentary, exploring the impact of Asian Americans, the fastest-growing population in the United States, on the country’s past, present and future, told through individual lives and personal histories.
- GBH has a hybrid event planned as well as a whole wealth of archival programming –Read More
- Check out these graphic novels that explore the stories of Asian Americans
Educational and Intervention Resources
- 8 Ways to Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month With Kids
- 12 books for pre-school and elementary age children that celebrate AAPI heritage
- From Arts Boston: a list of Books to Deepen Your Understanding of the AAPI Experience
- Quincy Asian Resources website
- Right to Be (fka Hollaback) Bystander Intervention Trainings
- Stop AAPI Hate Website
- The University of CT’s Asian and Asian American Studies Institute partnered with the #Iamnotavirus campaign and the AA Lit Review to provide their students with this Mental Health Workbook.
- Resources from the Massachusetts House Asian Caucus