Ways to Get Involved
We welcome anyone with a passion for HUC’s mission and vision to help with this work. You need not have any special background or expertise. Here are ways to get involved:
- Join our email list, read about our programs and initiatives, and participate!
- Join a working group. Email email@example.com to let us know which area or areas interest you. Currently we have the following:
- Racial Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Community Programming: This group plans events and initiatives meant to open up dialogue and exchange within our community, such as community book reads and conversations, informational panels, movie and documentary screenings, public access programming, and more.
- Schools & Curriculum: This group is focusing on ways to improve our curriculum as well as school environment with respect to both how we teach about history and racism, how we address racial incidents in in our schools, and how we promote a more diverse and inclusive atmosphere overall.
- Hingham Policies and Action: This group is studying and implementing things we can do to make Hingham a more diverse and welcoming community, both from a policy and cultural standpoint
- Policies & Activism: This group explores and takes action on issues and policies related to racial diversity, equity and inclusion beyond our town boundaries.
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Socioeconomic Diversity issues
- Donate. Your generous donations help pay for speakers and facilitators, movie licenses, and more!