Ways to Get Involved
We welcome anyone with a passion for HUC’s mission and vision to help with this work. You need not have any special background or expertise. Here are ways to get involved:
- Join our email list, read about our programs and initiatives, and participate!
- Join a working group. Email email@example.com to let us know which area or areas interest you. Currently we are focused on the following areas:
- Racial Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Community Programming: This group plans events and initiatives meant to open up dialogue and exchange within our community, such as community book reads and conversations, informational panels, movie and documentary screenings, social gatherings and cultural celebrations, and more.
- Schools & Curriculum: This group is focusing on ways to improve our curriculum as well as school environment with respect to both how we teach about history and racism, how we address racial incidents in in our schools, and how we promote a more diverse and inclusive atmosphere overall.
- Affordable Housing: This group is studying and implementing things we can do to make Hingham a more affordable community for all.
- Share your skills/talents. We are always looking for help with marketing, communications, execution of events and more. If you have a skill or interest you want to share, please email us to let us know!!!
- Join our Standby Volunteer List. Too busy to “join” another committee? If you still want to help here and there, please use the form below to join our Standby Volunteer List. We will reach out for small commitment projects like driving food or decorating for an event, deliveries, etc.
Standby Volunteer Form
Last but not least… your generous donations help pay for speakers and facilitators, movie licenses, and more!